Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Miles of Smiles

I need to write about something happy. It's easy to slip into the "Abysmal Abyss of Anger" and it looks like my posts have been flirting around the edge a lot lately.
I mentioned in an earlier post that greeting cards are a good remedy for the blues. They work for anger as well. I know because a greeting card pulled me back from the abysmal abyss.
To be specific, it was a belated birthday card I received from my #2 son yesterday. The cover shows a cartoon elephant saying, "To make sure I remembered your birthday, I marked it on my calendar..." The inside reads, "Have you seen my calendar?" Hahaha. It made me smile. It lightened my load. It pulled me back. Proving once again that greeting cards are good therapy.

I think we would all be better off if we spent more time reading, and exchanging greeting cards. I'm going to give it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home