Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Well. What do you know?!!

I'm back!
So much time has elapsed since my last post that I forgot how to log on to my blog! After several failed attempts (YOUR PASSORD AND USER NAME DO NOT MATCH, moron!), I clicked on the "Forgot your password?" link and immediately got lost in a labyrinth of "Enter your ___ " and "Are you sure you want to ___?" So, I bailed out and did nothing for a few more weeks.
This morning, on a whim, I tried to log in again and this time it worked. Don't ask me why.
Now that I'm here, I should probably say something... "Hello, how ya been?" I've been good.
I'm going to a periodontal hygienist this afternoon for a deep cleaning on the left side of my mouth. Last week she did the right side - top and bottom - Novocaine and the whole bit. But guess what. It was not the horrible experience that I expected nor did I have any painful after-effects. Why? This lady knows what she's doing! Even the novocaine injections were painless!
I got mad at the dental profession 11 years ago and stopped going. Wifey has been on my case ever since. I finally gave in and made an appointment. Not surprisingly, the dentist referred me to a periodontist for deep cleaning. I figure I saved almost $5K in dentist bills over the last 11 years and who knows how many x-rays, gag reflexes, and pain I've avoided! And the consequence appears to be relatively minimal! After the deep cleaning sessions are over I expect they will want me to come back every 90 days for routine cleaning but I may call it good and go another 10-11 years without professional intervention. I told the periodontist that I only need enough treatment for my teeth to last another 20 years! He didn't think it was funny.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger kphiker said...

welcome back, baby! and i'm proud of you for going to the dentist and periodontist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home