Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers Day

Happy Day, Mothers!
The earliest Mothers Day I can recall was when I was in third grade. I wanted to give my mom something special, but like most 3rd graders, I had limited assets. Nonetheless, I hiked down to the nearest drug store and started looking around.
Aha! Something shiny caught my eye. It was a brass ashtray! Never mind that neither of my parents smoked, this thing looked expensive but cost only one dollar!
I bought the ashtray and proudly presented it to my mom on Mothers Day.
That brass ashtray stayed with our family for many years, though no ashes were ever deposited in it. I guess my mom thought it was as cool-looking as I did. What other reason could she have had for keeping it?

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger kphiker said...

hahahahaha, cute story. obviously she loved you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home