Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It May be May maybe.

You know what tomorrow is, don't ya? It's the last day of May. Then, June will be bustin' out all over.
Just like April, May went by too darn fast. We had great fun visiting with relatives in May but, sadly, they've all gone home.
It's amazing how far north of due east the sun comes up over the horizon these days. Equally amazing is how early it rises and how late it sets. I love it.
One week from today, I'm driving across the mountains to visit my good ol' pal, Nub, for a couple of days. When we worked together, everyone was "officially" identified by their operating initials. His were, NB. Since we retired, I refer to him as either Enbee, or Nub, or Donaldo, or Amigo. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. I'm taking along a couple bottles of George Dickel whiskey for a mutual friend who tricked us into thinking he too was going to retire. Now, he's running for a VP position with the union instead. I expect that we will break the seal on both bottles regardless of his true intention. I'm not a whiskey drinker by choice, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I'm taking along a bottle of aspirin.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tylenol is better for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home