Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Good Intentions

Some weeks ago, I wrote that I intended to send more greeting cards. I said that card-shopping was good therapy and I wanted to share the funny cards I found with friends. Well, if you've been waiting for one of those cards, I want you to know you're not alone. I haven't sent a single one. Why is that?!
One might conclude that I've been in such good spirits lately that I haven't needed to lift my mood with greeting card humor. In truth, one should conclude that I simply keep forgetting to stop by the greeting card display. I'll stop by one today. I promise.
Speaking of good intentions: I-5 was completely shut down at the Canadian border for 6 hours last weekend so 200-300 people would wander around Peach Arch Park and celebrate umpty-hundred years of peaceful co-existance between the U.S. and Canada. Go tell that to the THOUSANDS of angry, frustrated people who had to divert to other border crossings and wait in line HOURS to get across. I'm guessing that, all tolled, more ill will than good will was generated between our two countries that day.

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger kphiker said...

too bad we don't have that kind of relationship with mexico...

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wheres my card-lly

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger jyuma said...

Hahaha! Okay! I bought a couple of birthday cards yesterday, but you are next on my list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home