Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sweet Sounds

Diana Krall has a concert DVD called "Diana Krall, Live In Paris". I happened to come across it at the library yesterday. It is 90 minutes of fabulous music plus 40 minutes of added features. The DVD was released in 2002 but the concert was performed in 2001. Why wasn't I informed before now?!!! Heads will roll! Okay, maybe MY head should roll. I call myself a Diana Krall fan, so I should have known about this DVD before now. Thanks, Library!
Here are my favorite songs from the DVD: The Look of Love, Maybe You'll Be There, Cry Me a River, Under My Skin, East of the Sun, I Get Along, S'Wonderful, Love Letters, Do It Again, Let's Face the Music, and A Case of You. I like the soft ballads so much that I tend to get antsy when she plays up-tempo numbers like Devil May Care, even though those songs are just as good, technically.
Not only is the music great, the production quality is excellent as well. The camera work and the editing are exceptional. When you see the close-ups, you'd think the cameraman was sitting inside the Steinway but when they cut to a long shot, there are no cameramen in sight.

Those old love songs pull at my heart strings. It's wonderful to hear them played again the way they were meant to be played. Thanks, Diana. (Just in case she reads this blog. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home